Friday, January 23

Piecelique: Circle, a la Sharon Schamber


I took a quilting technique class last weekend at Bella Quiltworks here in Tucson from Keith Dommer called "Perfect Curves". Keith taught us a pieced-applique technique by Sharon Schamber from her book "Piecelique: Curves the New Way". Here is the block I made in class; it's 11" square. It's pretty cool, and it is also what I would call a "precision technique". I'm more attracted to free-form, uh, how shall we say this diplomatically, uh, NON-precision techniques, but it was quite fun to see how to create a perfect circle if'n I ever need to! In her book, Sharon shows other applications of this curve technique in more organic shapes, so I think I will play around and see what emerges! Given the choice between organic and precise, I'd choose organic any day! How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I'd be tempted to cut this lovely circle up and see what happens! It's fun to learn tons of different techniques, just to have in your back pocket for a rainy day! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete