Monday, June 29

Loving my gray

I remember (way back) when I turned 34. It was so much more challenging than turning 30. Or 39. Or 40. Turning 34 meant I was no longer in my early thirties. I was officially in my MID-thirties.

So, with today as my 43rd birthday, I am happily celebrating my last year in my EARLY forties. Because next year, I will be turning 44, thus “officially’ entering my MID-forties.

But, for now, at least, I am STILL in my EARLY forties.

Having said all that, what is also true is that my forties have been THE best decade of my life so far.

So many of my women friends who are in their fifties say THAT is the best decade.

Which means I am on an upward trend. Clearly.

And sitting at a red light while driving the other day, I noticed several new gray hairs on the top of my head. I looked at them. Then again at the next light. Wow. That’s me, that’s MY reflection. Those are MY gray hairs. Mine.

I then had this wave of appreciation flow over me. For some reason, I just love my gray hairs. How funny.

Love shows up in strange places these days.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm in my mid forties and life does keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With each decade you are just maturing more and appreciating everything more. My forties were great too, the fifties, you realize you need to start doing all of your life's dreams so it is good too. the 60's are good too but it is harder to get up off the floor if you are sitting there, LOL. So enjoy your 40's to the fullest while you are still very agile. Have a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday greetings, Claire! Age is a bit of a state of mind, I think. However, the grey hair discovery, held in such a positive light by you, is just a little reminder of the physical! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete