Monday, February 1

Quilting-Along-with-Melody this month…

DSC_0014My fabric stash, above

One of my creative heroines, Melody Johnson, has issued a fun quilting challenge on her blog for February…  she’s calling it QAWM – or Quilt-Along-With-Melody.  The idea is to make a big dent in our commercially-printed-fabric stashes. 

Melody is famous for using (her own gorgeous!) hand-dyed fabrics for her quilts.  Fabric dyeing is something I fantasize about evolving into over the next year or so as well.  Given that, there is a growing tendency to overlook the stash of brilliant commercial fabrics within easy reach:

DSC_0017

…so this challenge is designed to remedy that!  Part of the deal is to post our progress and Melody will share participants’ reports on her own blog.

DSC_0019

I plan to start with this mix of greens since I have been hankering for green lately!

DSC_0020

No comments:

Post a Comment