Monday, April 20

Quote: A sobering conclusion

 

"I have come to the sobering conclusion that I am the decisive element.  It is my personal approach that creates the climate.  It is my daily mood that makes the weather.  I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.  I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. 

In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a drama is escalated or de-escalated."

-Goethe
circa 1800

PerfectWave

Perfect Wave, by Carrie Tasman of Corvallis, Oregon.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote....I remember trying this experiment one day a while back. I got up and purposely was short with my children and my husband. It did not take long before the mood in the house was stressed and depressed. So this is sooo true. We do have power!

    ReplyDelete