Sunday, March 28

Mourning dove love

DSC_0045.Ed

These two sweeties sat quietly in this same spot for over 30 minutes right before dusk last night, even tolerating me out there with my camera… EVEN accompanied by Kirby the curious cat. 

The reason they are so peacefully complacent is that they have just finished an intricate mating dance, followed by, well… the actual mating.  From the kitchen sink window, I was able to witness the entire thing beginning to end, unwilling to risk missing a beat by fetching my camera at the back of the house. 

Yet apparently, I still had plenty of time, as they remained perched there for the duration, the male standing alert while the female rested.

Perhaps they were held captive by the heady aroma of the jasmine in full bloom?

No comments:

Post a Comment